My Own Self

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. 
         ~ Agnes Repplier

Lila made up a new song, something along the lines of: "I can do it myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, ... mah self, mah OWN!" She wrote the words, Ang 'put it to music' on the piano, and we sing it constantly, much to her own self's distaste. 
Lila truly is pissed when I even whistle the tune. 
I hum it and she struts away, clamoring "Whatever!" and admonishes me with the wave of her sparkly pink fingernails and glitter-adorned wrist.

The other night, I followed her...

Me: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you.
Lila: Me, too.
Me: I love you.
Lila: I love you, Mommy. But I am myself, my own. No making fun.
Me: Promise.

My Buddha.



 

Comments

Tammie said…
Oh That is so cute, I love the attitude of children, they are all so strong minded and that is what love in a child. She is so cute.
Me said…
You know how I feel about this one! CLASSIC!

Popular Posts